Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fake singles – part two





Here is another fake single, this time a quite convincing compilation EP from France (at least thats what the cover tells you). It has the Philips logo and same graphic look as the french Blitzkrieg Bop picture sleeve from 1977 despite that the year 1990 is printed on it. This bootleg contains four tracks, Sweet Rebel Rouster, Ramones  I don't wanna be learned/I don't wanna be tamed, Generation X Invisible man and Undertones Rock'n'Roll - Get it on
The single has been sold for ridiculous amounts of money, in june 2012 it went for $430 on Ebay. The record exists in at least three colors besides ordinary black vinyl: Green, red and purple. 
A strange record… Ramones and Sweet on the same record, the punk razorblade and the name "Philip's big power hits"! If I was collecting bootlegs I would rank this high – but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment